The Training & Safety Division is responsible for developing and providing comprehensive fire suppression instruction to all members of the Burbank Fire Department that include:
- Evaluating the training level of individual employees and employee teams.
- Research, recommend and provide training in new concepts.
- Plan and coordinate training with the other Area “C” cities.
- Plan, provide and supervise recruit academies.
- Coordinate training activities with city, county and state agencies and ensure compliance with relevant standards and legal requirements.
- Develop, recommend and implement safe practices in relation to Department operations.
- Investigate and report on incidents and accidents that resulted in injury to Department personnel.
- In conjunction with Human Resources, conduct promotional examinations for sworn personnel positions.
- Document and maintain detailed records of all training activities and safety training.