Return to full list >>
Wildfire is a serious threat in California. Be prepared for when a wildfire strikes!
Before a wildfire:
- Follow the guidelines of the Fire Hazard Reduction Program (Brush Clearance).
- Build an emergency supply kit.
- Create a Ready, Set, Go! Your Personal Wildfire Action Plan.
- Sign up for the City of Burbank Emergency Public Notification System.
During a wildfire:
- Evacuate when notified by the Burbank Fire or Police Department.
- Stay informed by watching your local news.
- Listen to the radio feed of the Verdugo Fire Communications Center, which dispatches the Burbank Fire Department.
After a wildfire:
- Return home only when the Burbank Fire or Police Department say it is safe.
- Check and re-check for smoke, sparks or hidden embers throughout the house, including the roof and the attic.
- Use caution when entering burned areas as hazards may still exist, which can flare up without warning.
For more information, visit www.ReadyBurbank.org.