Ultraviolet Safety Month
Return to full list >>
July is Ultraviolet Safety Month. Protect yourself from harmful ultraviolet rays! Follow these tips:
- Avoid intentional tanning and tanning beds.
- Seek shade when the sun’s rays are the strongest between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Wear protective clothing: long-sleeved shirt, pants, wide-brimmed hat and sunglasses.
- Use a broad spectrum sunscreen with Sun Protection Factor (SPF) 30 or higher to help block ultraviolet A (UVA) and ultraviolet B (UVB) radiation. Apply 15 minutes before going outdoors and reapply every two hours.
- Be extra cautious around water, snow and sand since these surfaces reflect the damaging rays of the sun.
For more information, visit https://www.cancer.org/healthy/be-safe-in-sun.html.