Outdoor grilling is popular throughout the year. Whether you use a charcoal or propane grill, it is important to be careful around the grill to prevent fires, burns, and property damage.
To keep you and your family safe while grilling, follow these guidelines:
- Propane and charcoal BBQ grills should only be used outdoors.
- The grill should be placed well away from the home, deck railings, and out from under eaves and overhanging branches.
- Keep children and pets away from the grill area.
- Keep your grill clean by removing grease or fat buildup from the grills and in trays below the grill.
- Never leave your grill unattended.
For more information, please visit the National Fire Protection Association’s website at www.nfpa.org/grilling.